Monday, November 24

Our Lady of the Snows Shrine

Every year around Christmas time, the Shrine is decorated with all sorts of Christmas Lights. It's called the "Way of Lights". It has been 4 years since I have seen it, so I wanted to see it again, and be able to share it with my kids. Heidi was just a baby last time we went and I was pregnant with Zach. This is one of the tunnels we drove through...

We were able to eat dinner in the restaurant there, the kids saw a cute "angel" puppet show, I got to shop in the gift shop, and outside they had camel and donkey rides. I love this statue just outside the giftshop!


A rare shot of just Mommy and Daddy together during dinner:-)

Kylie sitting in a "big girl" high chair for the first time

PaPaw Keith and Zach during dinner

All four kids together on the Giant chair they used during the Puppet Show

Heidi and Drew rode the camel and Zach rode the donkey. Unfortunately, they rode at the same time and I was only able to get pictures of Heidi and Drew.

Once we were done with all the activities, we were able to drive all of the land and see all the lights. The grotto looked absolutely gorgeous. We sat there for a good 5 minutes or so, just so I could try and get a good picture, but this was the best I could do.

It doesn't do it justice! Kylie was quite the little giggle box playing with Daddy on the drive home!

All in all, it was a very fun evening, and the kids were ready for bed when we got back to Grammy's house.

No comments: