It's finally time to announce it! We are moving to Illnois at the end of this month. We will be just outside of the St. Louis area, in Belleville, IL. My parents grew up there and have retired in the area, and my grandparents live there, along with my nephew and neice. We are very excited about the move and the opportunity it is bringing us.
I am going into an accelerated nursing program starting in the Fall, and Danny will continue his school at the University of Missouri at St. Louis. From the looks of it, he may be able to finish one semeseter sooner by transfering there than if he stayed at Wayne State College. We'll keep our fingers crossed :-) I will be attending Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville starting in January in order to finish up just a few pre-reqs prior to the nursing program. Once it is all said and done, I will have a Bachelors in Nursing to add to my resume. Needless to say, this has been a long time in waiting for me and I am very excited!
God Bless my mom and dad! We will be living in a house that they just bought and Danny and my Dad are going to "flip" it before we move in. It will be basically a brand new home... quite the change for us. Not only that, but they are letting us stay there free of charge as well. AND, my Mom has volunteered for "day care duty" while we are in school. That piece of mind for me was a big deal, because I don't have to worry about leaving them with a stranger, and my kids will be at home and with someone they love and trust.
Heidi is going to start Pre-school at a Catholic pre-school close to our new house and then will transfer into the public school in the Fall when she starts Kindergarten! She has already met her teacher and gone on a tour of the school. She is very excited to start school and loved everything about it. And, I'm excited to be able to take her school supply shopping :-) She starts the day before her birthday, on Jan. 5th. Danny and I will be able to take her for the first week since we don't start school until later on. I can't believe she is already in school. She is growing up so quickly!
We are going to miss everyone here in Nebraska, but it gives us comfort knowing that this is a temporary move to aid us in getting back into the Omaha area where we really want to reside. It is close to so much family and that is very important to us that our children grow up near all their family and know them well. I am very much looking forward to the opportunity though to be able to live near my family for a couple years as well!
1 comment:
Congratulations! I just read your blog to see what was going on with you all, and it seems like a LOT is happening! :-) You'll be pretty close to Nashville, so let us know if you ever want to visit, you're welcomed to stay with us, along with the kiddos of course! Safe travels to you, and have a Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment